Born: 1970 (Allahabad)
M.Sc. Chemistry (5-year Integrated): IIT Kanpur, 1992
Ph.D. (Prof. W. E. Acree, Jr.): University of North Texas, 1997
Post Doctoral Fellow (Prof. F. V. Bright): SUNY-Buffalo, 2000
Assistant Professor (Tenure-track), 2000 - 2004, Department of Chemistry, New Mexico Tech, Socorro, New Mexico
Assistant Professor, 2004 - 2006, Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi
Associate Professor, 2006 - 2011, Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi
Visiting Professor, 2011-2012, U. Missouri – Columbia, USA
Professor, 2011 - 2019, Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi
Professor (HAG), 2019 - current, Department of Chemistry, IIT Delhi
Prof. P. C. P. Bhatt Basic Research Award (2021), Institute Chair Professorship (2019), CRSI Bronze Medal (2016), Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC, 2015), Exellence in Teaching Award (IIT Delhi, 2012), NASI SCOPUS Young Scientist Award (2009), Royal Society of Chemistry Travel Award (2007), SAS Graduate Student Award (1997), James J. and Ruth I. Spurlock Scholarship Award for Outstanding Research Achievement by a Graduate Student (1997), Best Teaching Assistant Award by Alpha Chi Sigma, BH chapter (1996), George Vaughan Memorial Award (1995) for Best Graduate Student (First and Second Year).
Optical spectroscopy, advanced fluorescence techniques, molecularly organized media, environmentally friendly solvent systems, chemosensors, photophysical processes.
Major focus of the research work is in the area of understanding complex fluidic systems using optical spectroscopic techniques. Specifically, emphasis is on investigating solvation and aggregation within ionic liquid-based systems, aqueous and nonaqueous surfactant and polymer solutions, and supercritical fluids. The long term goal of the work is to understand and introduce alternate and novel solvent systems.
- "Formation of Water-in-Oil Microemulsions within a Hydrophobic Deep Eutectic Solvent" Divya Dhingra, Kamalakanta Behera, Bhawna and Siddharth Pandey*. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 23, no. 17, pp. 10629-10635 (2021).
- "Donor-Acceptor Complex Formation in Tetra-n-Butylammonium Chloride : n-Decanoic Acid Deep Eutectic Solvent" Divya Dhingra, Vaishali Khokhar, Shreya Juneja and Siddharth Pandey*. Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 154, no. 16, pp. 164513/1-10.
- "Ionic Liquid Controlled Shape Transformation of Spherical to Non-spherical Polymersomes via Hierarchical Self-Assembly of a Diblock Copolymer" Vidiksha Bhushan, Mark P. Heitz, Gary A. Baker, and Siddharth Pandey*. Langmuir, vol. 37, no. 16, pp. 5081-5088 (2021).
- "Prototropic Forms of Hydroxy Derivatives of Naphthoic Acid within Deep Eutectic Solvents" Vaishali Khokhar and Siddharth Pandey*. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 23, no. 15, pp. 9096-9108 (2021).
- "Prototropic Behavior of Norharmane within Ionic Liquids" Bhawna, Divya Dhingra, Ashish Pandey, and Siddharth Pandey*. Journal of Photochemistry & Photobiology, A: Chemistry, vol. 406, pp. 112991/1-7 (2021).