Born Kolkata, West Bengal
Ph. D. (Prof. J. W. Petrich), Iowa State University, USA, 1999-2004
Post Doctoral Fellow (Dr. Feng Gai), University of Pennsylvania,USA, (Sep-2004 to January-2009)
Joined Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in January 2009.
Macromolecular Crowding, Protein folding and aggregation.
Our group is focusing primarily on different aspects of macromolecular crowding and its influence on protein conformation and dynamics using a range of tools, like FRET, Solvation dynamics and fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (FCS). We have also been involved in probing the effects of polyphenols on the aggregation properties of various proteins.
- Correlating the Local and Global Dynamics of an Enzyme in the Crowded Milieu, H Rastogi, PK Chowdhury, The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2022, 126 (17), 3208-3223
- Protein dynamics as a sensor for macromolecular crowding: Insights into mixed crowding, M Gupta, PK Chowdhury, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2022, 347, 117969
- Understanding enzyme behavior in a crowded scenario through modulation in activity, conformation and dynamics, H Rastogi, PK Chowdhury, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Proteins and Proteomics, 2021, 1869 (11), 140699
- Influence of crowding agents on the dynamics of a multidomain protein in its denatured state: a solvation approach, SK Mukherjee, S Biswas, H Rastogi, A Dawn, PK Chowdhury, European Biophysics Journal, 2020, 49 (3), 289-305
- Albumin coated polymer nanoparticles loaded with plant extract derived quercetin for modulation of inflammation, S Saha, J Kundu, RJ Verma, PK Chowdhury, Materialia 9, 100605