Born: Medinipur, West Bengal M.Sc. (2010): Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
Ph.D. (2013): Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany (Prof. Martin Oestreich)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (2013 – 2014): ECPM, Université de Strasbourg, France (Prof. Françoise Colobert)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (2014 – 2018): Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea (Prof. Sukbok Chang)
Post-Doctoral Fellow (2018 – 2019): King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prof. Magnus Rueping)
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, March 2019 onwards
● Development of new synthetic methods
● Activation of small molecules such as CO2 and CO
● Catalysis, Remote functionalizations
● Physical organic chemistry and Reaction mechanisms
- C. K. Hazra, J. Jeong, H. Kim, M.-H. Baik, S. Park, S. Chang, Reductive Carbocyclization of Homoallylic Alcohols to syn-Cyclobutanes by a Boron-Catalyzed Dual Ring-Closing Pathway, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2692.
- C. K. Hazra, N. Gandhamsetty, S. Park, S. Chang, Borane-Catalyzed Ring-Opening and Closing Cascades of Furans Leading to Silicon-Functionalized Synthetic Intermediates, Nat. Comm. 2016, 7, 13431.
- C. K. Hazra, Q. Dherbassy, J. Wencel-Delord, F. Colobert, Synthesis of Axially Chiral Biaryls through Sulfoxide-Directed Asymmetric Mild C−H Activation and Dynamic Kinetic Resolution, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 13871.
- C. K. Hazra, M. Oestreich, Copper(I)-Catalyzed Regio- and Chemoselective Single and Double Addition of Nucleophilic Silicon to Propargylic Chlorides and Phosphates, Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 4010.