Born: Dec 3, 1981, Amravati, M.S.
Ph.D. (Prof. S.K. Haram), University of Pune and (Dr. BLV Prasad), NCL Pune, 2010
DAAD Fellow: TU Dresden, Dr. Stephan Hickey, May 09 - Oct 09
Post Doctoral Fellow: TU Dresden, Prof. Dr. Alexander Eychmueller & Dr. Nikolai Gaponik, Oct 10 - Jul 12
Assistant Professor: Central University of Rajasthan, Kishangarh (Ajmer) Jul 12 – Dec 13
Assistant Professor: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Dec 13 - May 19
Associate Professor: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, May 19- till date
Electrochemistry for Energy and Environment
Our research focuses on the electrochemical investigations on advanced functional materials for renewable energy harvesting and its storage so that the use of traditional fossil fuels can be minimized. The main goal of the research is to design and develop the nano-electrocatalysts based on nanoparticles anchored to a suitable support. Metal nanoparticles and semiconductor quantum dots are being studied in thir regard. Carbon based materials such as CNTs, graphene, and reduced graphene oxide as well as semiconductor oxdies such as TiO2, ZnO are used as a support material. Our group concentrates mainly on the following aspects,
(i) fabricating nano-electrocatalysts for the electrochemical conversion of organic pollutants such as CO2 into fuels and/or useful chemical feedstock, (ii) Electrochemical and spectroelectrochemical studies on the advanced functional materials in order to characterize and tune their electronic band structure, and (iii) developing photo-electrocatalysts based on semiconductor quantum dots for photovoltaic solar cell applications.
Electrochemical techniques like cyclic voltammetry, DPV, quartz crystal microbalance, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, amperometry, coulometry, etc. are routiney being used for this purpose.
We also work on studying mechanistic aspects and electrode kinetics of the organic reactions especially electrocatalytic reactions in ionic liquids.
- Unprecedented Lower Over-potential for CO2 Electro-reduction on Copper Oxide Anchored to Graphene Oxide Microstructures. Nusrat Rashid, Mohsin Ahmad Bhat, Anirban Das, Pravin P. Ingole*, Journal of CO2 Utilization, 2020, 39, 101178
- In-Situ solid-state synthesis of 2D/2D interface between Ni/NiO hexagonal nanosheets supported on g-C3N4 for enhanced photo-electrochemical water splitting, Preeti Chaudhary, Pravin P. Ingole*, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2020, 45 (32), 16060-16070
- S. Gahlawat, N. Rashid, P. P. Ingole, n-Type Cu2O/α-Fe2O3 Heterojunctions by Electrochemical Deposition: Tuning of Cu2O Thickness for Maximum Photoelectrochemical Performance, Zeitschrift für Physikalische Chemie, 2018 (In press).
- S. A. Bhat, N. Rashid, M. A. Rather, S. A. Pandit, G. M. Rather, Pravin P. Ingole, and Mohsin Ahmad Bhat, PdAg Bimetallic Nanoalloy-Decorated Graphene: A Nanohybrid with Unprecedented Electrocatalytic, Catalytic, and Sensing Activities, ACS applied materials & interfaces, 2018, 10(19), 16376–16389.
- P. Chaudhary, P. P. Ingole, Multifunctional plasmonic Ag-hematite nano-dendrite electro-catalysts for methanol assisted water splitting: synergism between silver nanoparticles and hematite dendrites. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2017, 43, 1344-1354.