Born: Kottayam, Kerala
Ph.D. IIT Madras, 1989
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow 1990 (Prof. H. W. Roesky), University of Goettingen, Germany
Post Doctoral Fellow and Visiting Professor, 1992, 1999 (Prof. J. M. Shreeve), University of Idaho, USA
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, 1993-2002
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2002-present
Awards & Recognitions
1. Recepient: "Best chemistry teacher award 2013" awarded by Tata chemicals, Royal society of chemistry, ACT, CII and Godrej.
2. Recepient: "INSA teachers awards 2012" awarded by Indian National Science Academy for excellence in teaching science & inspiring students.
3. Distinguished consulting research professor Institute of Intensive Research in Basic sciences, Mahathma Gandhi University, Kerala.
Author of two textbooks for the IIT program
1. A collection of Interesting General Chemistry Experiments, 2002 and 2007, Universities Press.
2. Basic Organometallic Chemistry: Concepts, Syntheses and Applications of Transition metals, 2010, CRC Press and Universities Press (along with Prof. B.D Gupta, IIT Kanpur), Second Edition 2013
Synthetic main group and organometallic chemistry. His focus is mainly on the inorganic phosphorus nitrogen heterocyclic compounds and organometallic compounds such as ferrrocene, cobalt based metal sandwich compounds and metallacycles.