New Text book on main group chemistry: Book Release - IISc Bangalore, October 2018
Born: Kottayam, Kerala
M.Sc. Madras Christian College, Ph.D. IIT Madras, 1989
Alexander von Humboldt Fellow 1990 (Prof. H. W. Roesky), University of Goettingen, Germany
Post Doctoral Fellow and Visiting Professor, 1992, 1999 (Prof. J. M. Shreeve), University of Idaho, USA
Asst. and Assoc. Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, 1993-2002
Associate Professor and Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2002-2017
Professor HAG (Higher Administrative Grade), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2017 to date
Awards & Recognitions
1. Recepient: "Best chemistry teacher award 2013" awarded by Tata chemicals, Royal society of chemistry, ACT, CII and Godrej.
2. Recepient: "INSA teachers awards 2012" awarded by Indian National Science Academy for excellence in teaching science & inspiring students.
3. Recipient: Teaching excellence award, IIT Delhi, 2014, for undergraduate teaching.
4. Distinguished consulting research professor, Institute of Intensive Research in Basic sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala.
Author of three textbooks for the IIT program
1. A collection of Interesting General Chemistry Experiments, 2002 and 2007, Universities Press.
2. Basic Organometallic Chemistry: Concepts, Syntheses and Applications of Transition metals, 2010 & 2103, CRC Press and Universities Press (along with Prof. B.D Gupta, IIT Kanpur). 3. The chemistry of the p-block elements: Syntheses, reactions and applications, 2018, Universities Press.
Synthetic main group and organometallic chemistry. Current focus of the research group is mainly on use of organometallic compounds such as ferrrocene, cobalt based metal sandwich compounds and metallacycles as catalysts and design of new metal based and metal free catalysts for organic reactions.